Living with Costochindritis - Managing Anxiety
I have no ambitions to be a Mental Health blogger - that does not define me. This one-off blog looks at my recent journey to address Costochondritis, and its ugly sibling, Anxiety. Costochondritis is an inflammation of the cartilage in the rib cage. It affects females more than males (70% vs 30%), and bloggers and vloggers on this condition are predominantly younger women. When it is severe, it causes unpleasant discomfort in the chest, and lifting objects causes pain. This blog by Welshmummy sums it up the very well. She has gone down the CBD oil route to alleviate it. Very best of luck to her, but CBD Oil only addresses the symptoms, not the underlying cause. I first had Costo in the Summer of 2007 and needed 6 weeks off work, acupuncture and medication (antidepressants, propralonol) to get back to work. I had generally been OKish for the next 12 years, but October 2019 saw an nasty flare up in the centre and side of my ribs, that moved a...

Comments
Post a Comment